News + Events

New siliconization line and packaging/pallet warehouse

Neubau Müller + MüllerMüller + Müller constructs a new production hall, covering an area of 465 square meters, for an ultramodern siliconization process for glass vials and a new packaging and pallet storage. The topping-out ceremony for the new production hall took place in July.

With the construction of the new siliconization line Müller + Müller will quadruple its output quantity for siliconized pharmaceutical glass vials. Silicone treatment is a proven method for the internal coating of glass surfaces in the pharmaceutical sector. The inner siliconization of the glass vial ensures optimal emptying of the vial through its hydrophobic properties. In addition, it prevents products from sticking to the internal surface of the glass vials giving the glass a perfect transparency.The most modern siliconization process at Müller + Müller will ensure best possible results with a reduced amount of silicon in the glass vial and takes place in a clean room class 8 in accordance with ISO 14644-1.

Read more ...

New Corporate Identity for Müller + Müller

Logo Müller + MüllerIn order to meet the demands of a constantly evolving market and accompany the company’s evolution and mission, Müller + Müller updates its corporate identity.

Müller + Müller is a leading producer of primary packaging from tubular glass for the global pharmaceutical industry. A clear focus and more than 90 years of experience in the field of vials made of tubular glass show that the company is well-positioned as a reliable and growth-oriented partner for its customers.

Read more ...

Müller + Müller celebrates its 90th anniversary

CelebrationThe story of Müller + Müller started in 1924 in the Thuringian Forest. Two brothers and their cousin had the idea and the courage to establish Müller + Müller. In the beginning glass bottles were formed with the bellows for the confectionery and beverage industry. At this time the company had already grown into a reputable operation. Due to the Second World War and the GDR the company got expropriated in 1945. Nevertheless, Albin and Hermann Müller never gave up. They had the idea to develop an automated production line for glass vials. First construction plans for such a production line were already drawn on wrapping paper during captivity in the Second World War. In 1949 they settled in Holzminden and founded the company Müller + Müller. In these days, the first production line for tablet glass vials consisted of an old bedstead, bicycle chains and gears. The company grew slowly but steadily. Karl-Heinz Müller was the second generation in the family business who lead the company from 1949 to 1999. The company Müller + Müller is his lifetime achievement.

Read more ...

Dr. Hubertus Müller-Stauch has been appointed as Vice President of BV-Glas

BV GlasThe Federal Association of Glass Industry re-elected Dr.-Ing. Hans-Joachim Konz, member of the management board of SCHOTT AG, once more as the president. Anew in the presidium as vice presidents are Dr. Dieter Simon, Managing Director of Auer Lighting GmbH, Dr. Hubertus Müller-Stauch, Managing Partner of Müller + Müller-Joh. GmbH & Co. KG as well as Jürgen Peitz, chairman of the management of Saint-Gobain Glass Germany GmbH. Reiner Brand, Sales & Marketing Director Glass Europe Ardagh Glass GmbH, continues his work as Vice President for two more years.